LPPM UNS manages academic cooperations on the bases of equality, mutual respect, mutual benefit, ethics, utility, and equity. The principles used are legal certainty, transparency, accountability, responsibility, independence, equity, nobility, and sustainability.


  1. Improvement of the effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, creativity, innovation, quality, and relevance of research and community service.
  2. Development of a network of collaboration in the field of research and community service;
  3. Improvement of the quality of research and community service;
  4. Improvement of the competencies of lecturers, education staff, and students;
  5. Improvement, strengthening, empowerment, and development of the capacity and quality of LPPM UNS and its partners, including human resources, science and technology, research infrastructure, and institutional potential;
  6. Improvement of the role and contribution of LPPM UNS and its partners through community service in order to increase the welfare of the wider community.


The scope of cooperation managed by LPPM UNS includes cooperation in education, research, and community service with LPPM UNS partners on a national and international scale in accordance with the laws and regulations.

Cooperation Partner

LPPM UNS partners include higher education institutions, individuals, government agencies, educational/research institutions, business institutions (private/state-owned), hospital associations, professional associations, foundations, non-governmental organizations, and/or other legal entities, both from Indonesia and abroad.

The forms of Cooperation in LPPM UNS are as follows:

  1. Cooperations with domestic and overseas higher education institutions:
    • Organizing research and community service;
    • Internal quality assurance;
    • Visiting Scholar;
    • Visiting Professor;
    • Shared use of various resources (resource sharing);
    • Periodical scientific publication (joint publication);
    • joint seminars; and
    • other forms deemed necessary.
  2. Cooperations with partners other than universities:
    • Human resource development;
    • Research and/or community service;
    • Shared use of various resources (resource sharing);
    • Practical expertise services by/from guest lecturers who have business experience;
    • Scholarships or tuition assistance; and/or
    • Other forms deemed necessary.

Research Cooperation

LPPM UNS carries out monodisciplinary, multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, or transdisciplinary reseach cooperations with domestic and overseas research institutions in the field of science with the principles of mutual benefit and respect for each other’s interests in order to develop science and technology and improve community welfare and nation’s competitiveness.

Coomunity Service Cooperation

LPPM UNS carries out community service cooperations with partners in fields that are needed by the community in accordance with the laws and regulations and ethical norms/academic ethics by prioritizing aspects of expertise/sciences, community problems, quality, and impact of cooperation integrated with educational and research activities.

LPPM UNS has long established partnerships or cooperations in the field of community service, both with government agencies/institutions in Indonesia and abroad. During the last 3 years, 1% of cooperation/partnership funding for study centers/community service agents within LPPM UNS was sourced from overseas while 99% of the funding was sourced from domestic sources. About 26% of the domestic funding came from Local/Provincial Governments while the rest (74%) came from the Central Government.

Cooperation Partners